Content management systems (CMS) are those internal systems/databases which are used for the organization of your digital content. A CMS helps you to manage your website’s content more easily and effectively. It maintains a record of all content that is in the website, and facilitates easy retrieval through queries when a user is trying to access the content.
CMSs store content of all kinds, from images, music and video to simple text in its various formats. The main advantage that having a CMS gives is that you can manage it effectively without having to be tech-savvy.
Here at Novage Communications, we recommend the use of WordPress, not only because it is an open-source platform (free), but more because it provides for easy and complete customization according to user requirements. While most CMSs are easy to manage, WordPress is much more so, which means you can regularly make changes to website content without having an in-house IT-savvy person to do it all the time.
Why choose WordPress CMS?
- Zero cost on acquisition – some CMSs like ExpressionEngine are not free which brings an additional subscription/licensing charge. This is not something you have to consider.
- No cost for maintenance and enhancement – apart from what you are paying, for the project being carried out for you, there’s no separate charge for enhancements to the CMS e.g. expansion as the business grows. You can maintain your website without being tech-savvy, provided you have some initial minima training. You certainly don’t need any programming knowledge.
- Search engine accessibility – at Novage, we take extra steps to ensure that we make your CMS highly optimized for search engines using backend and in-code optimization techniques. This makes it easier for the bots to crawl through the CMS resulting in ranking improvement. Other techniques include URL rewriting and Meta description enhancement.
- Great support – WordPress enjoys an online support community of more than 800,000 developers worldwide. This means that there are numerous tutorials and documentations for virtually anything you need to do on your CMS. Error queries can also be attended to very quickly.
- Enhancements and themes – there are countless plugins and themes that come with the WordPress CMS. You can choose from open source and premium themes, all of which can be further customized to make them an exact fit for your uses.
- Usability – the WordPress CMS comes with a very easy to understand dashboard where changes and enhancements to content can be carried out. You can do all this with no knowledge of HTML, PHP or any programming.